Cronos is the first Ethereum-compatible blockchain network built on Cosmos SDK technology. An open-source and permission-less Layer 1 chain which runs in parallel to the Crypto.org Chain, Cronos aims to massively scale the DeFi, GameFi, and overall Web3 user community by providing builders with the ability to instantly port apps and crypto assets from other chains while benefiting from low transaction fees, high throughput, and fast finality.
Key reasons to use Cronos include:
- EVM Compatibility: Cronos is built on Ethermint, which supports rapid porting of apps and smart contracts from Ethereum and other EVM-compatible chains.
- Scalability: Cronos aims to deliver faster, cheaper, and greener transactions and smart contract execution than proof of work chains.
- Interoperability: The Inter Blockchain Communications (IBC) protocol enables interoperability and bridging to other IBC-enabled chains, such as Cosmos Hub, Osmosis, etc.
- Proof of Authority (POA): Utilising POA as a more streamlined and scalable consensus mechanism while still maintaining security through a range of experienced and carefully-vetted validators.
- Open Source: High involvement of the community is welcomed to proactively review and provide suggestions to strengthen Cronos.
|Cronos Blockchain Explorer||https://cronoscan.com/|
|Block time||~6 seconds|
Get token balances for address
address, return current token balances along with their spot prices. This endpoint supports a variety of token standards like ERC20, ERC721 and ERC1155. As a special case, network native tokens like ETH on Ethereum are also returned even though it’s not a token contract.
Get transactions for address
address, return all transactions along with their decoded log events. This endpoint does a deep-crawl of the blockchain to retrieve all kinds of transactions that references the
addressincluding indexed topics within the event logs.
Go to Covalent’s API Reference
The Cronos token
CRO is the native token of the Cronos Chain, which is similar to Ether in Ethereum. To interact with Cronos,
CRO tokens are required to pay gas fees. The Covalent API response returns
gas_* fields in fiat units.
Last modified: October 27, 2022: october-changelog-2022 (#243) (b6121bb)